There are tons of suggestions floating around the Internet on how to save money using coupons. Viral or paper- coupons can save you tons of money but they are also time consuming. You can save real money and a lot of it, without having to type in a special code or clip a piece of paper to do so.
When your purchasing food, you need to be conscious of your spending. If families simply reduced what they are using or eliminated some processed foods that are already bad for you from their diets- money can be saved and in a major way.”
1. Lunch. Brown bagging it really does work. The average “to go” lunch costs $8.50. If someone eats lunch “to go” 15 days per month, which is less than the average, the cost is $127.50 per month or $1,530.00 per year. Imagine what you could do with an extra $1,500 dollars in your pocket at the end of December! Stop eating lunch out and start saving money today.
2. One twelve pack of brand name soda costs $4.50 on average. Families usually purchase two twelve packs per week. By eliminating one twelve pack per week from your grocery list a family of four can save $234 dollars per year.
3. Brand name shampoo. Did you know most brand name shampoos are exactly like the grocery store brand? It is true. Yet, the price difference is an average of $4.25. That’s an extra $51.00 dollars per year spent on a logo and a fancy bottle. You can switch brands and save major money.
4. Kreuig. These machines are everywhere these days. But, they don’t save people money. Most families believe they are saving major dollars using a Kreuig. Not true. A 24 pack of Kruig coffee costs $14.24. Two adults in a house hold equal 14 cups of coffee per week, or 3 Kreig packs per month. In comparison, Folgers® Classic Roast Ground Coffee, Regular, 33.9 oz. Can costs $9.99 and lasts one month (if not longer). The simple switch can save $32.72 a month or $392 dollars per year!
5. Dinner. Families eat an average of two pizzas per week. Many families buy an in-store take and bake pizza. The average cost is $8.95 per pizza. Not eating pizza every week, and only once a month, with a pasta substitute instead can save families $53.70 per month or $644 dollars per year.
These steps alone will save your family over $2,800 dollars per year. Continue to save big money through small changes.